Friday, April 10, 2009

Another Vintage Layout

This layout I had some fun with Parisian Essence. I cut up two strips of calico and dyed them in two lots of parisian essence. One lot was darker than the other. The piece of vintage lace is also died darker with the parisian essence. The flower was originally white, it was also dyed in the same solution. To get parts darker I dipped my finger into the bottle and dapped at the flower, being wet it was easier to spread and smudge. Photos matted in brown card.













The flower has a large button in the centre, sewn onto the page with wool. The piece of calico towards the edge has been sewn with running stitch around the edge with dark brown wool. My grandfathers initials are W.P, I painted the chipboard with Raw Sienna Paint (Jo Sonja).











Journalling done on piece from the Making Memories Paperie Notebook, the edge of the page has cross stiches in a dark brown wool. Large sclloped bracket is painted in the same colour as the initials.










On one of the photos a bracket border has been painted and put over the photo where my pop and the car was. Piece of brown ribbon stapled underneath the photo.











The top corner; Piece is stitched, smaller piece of brown vintage ribbon placed under the photo. This photo is double matted, with a light and dark brown piece of card.







No comments: