Saturday, July 24, 2010

Old is New Again

While working at Blossies the other day, organising the shop and shuffling some of the papers I noticed that some of the older ranges that are really nice are still available. I thought I’d do a blog post on layouts I’ve created and the papers and some embellishments etc are still available
This one is about a month old; Basic Grey, Max and Whiskers
The layout is called Billy, very simple with two pieces of paper, doily, buttons etc. A strip from the sticker sheet also used. You can keep up with how Billy is on Yvette's Blog here


















Around February last year We R Memory Keepers brought out Heart Attack
I havent done a page yet with these but have a few ideas in mind, they will be on the blog shortly. But here is an example of the pages to trig your memory










I have created an off-the page album using quite a few of these papers also; Sports Day (I have done a blog post on this before look here to find close ups)


















Last year I also created a Valentines Day Card, here it is


















Bella! has had quite a few paper ranges that we’ve had come and go but one of the original ranges is the pink Damsel papers
It isn’t one thing, its a million little things: This one is quite simple with a photo and a few pieces of paper, I have cut out the flowers from the same range


















Websters pages- A sweet life
I bought the six different calendar pages. All of them are sort of vintage looking, havent used them yet but I will eventually.Heres an example of what the pages look like.










Another Basic Grey range still in stock is Lemonade. I have done a page using these papers but cant seem to find where it is, so heres some of the papers instead.

















For some very pretty papers use Imaginisce; Lucy Bird. Dream Big: This one I have cut out heaps of flowers, all pages have glitter on them and are just gorgeous. This layout was inspired by Sam Houzer, look at her pages with this range here. Also for my formal album I created this page using more of the same paper on a layout called Great Day. Looking through my pages I have found another one called Live.Laugh.Love. I love the way Gail has also used this range to create a page of Amelia found here





















































I have also used some of the paper to cover a tin that is on my UNI work desk. Add some ribbon, glitter covered letters and flowers and you have a pretty tin for stationary



















My Minds Eye has great papers with a great feel to them, the Love Me Do range with bright yellow, red and blues are great to do exciting pages with and are so versatile.
Here is a page I recently created with photos of my tropical reef dive back in April and the blues matched my scheme. The other side is the clouds which I had originally bought the paper for, just goes to show looking at the undersides of papers can be fun! *this one will be blogged shortly with close ups


















I found a couple of Heidi Swapp papers also with a few of these ones left. Using the whole pattern as the backing piece I created Beautiful. ( The butterflies are also Heidi Swapp but I’m not sure where you will find them now)



















Well Im back at Uni now so the blog wont be updated as much as Id like to but I hope to keep it somewhat regular.

No comments: