Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Ideas for Scrapbooking

Just an idea of materials that you don’t normally think of using when creating a scrapbooking layout.I've been thinking of these things for the past few weeks and now sharing them with you.

  • Old vintage ribbons
  • Decorative belt buckles; a pair of pants that I had outgrown but took the belt buckle to use myself
  • Buttons ; the ones you get when buying clothing
  • Sea shells and even sand; just use your thin glue where the sand is needed
  • Dog/cat collars or buckles; on your pet pages or even in your normal scrapbooking pages
  • Lace; nanas usually have plenty in their stash
  • Broken jewelry/charms; I had a large heart pendant that broke in half and used on one of my artist cards for school
  • Jewelry; ones not worn anymore and use the charms
  • Search your op-shops and second hand places for bits and pieces
  • Paper doilies; you can even ink and die them colours
  • Packaging of products; even in clothing (lingerie) and tags from scrapbooking things (the
  • Kaiser new products have cool tags)
  • Bird feathers
  • Dictionary pages; not just for the word your using on you page but also as a background paper
  • Sewing zippers; using bright zips creates a great effect
  • Cd’s; not ones you plan on listening to of course but ones that are scratched etc, even braking them up and using pieces or putting it back together
  • Fabrics; for tying across the page or just as the plain canvas to work on
  • Small twigs; tie ribbons etc on them on grungy and brown pages
  • Clock faces, numbers and hands
  • Keys; old ones you keep but don’t actually know what they lock
  • Gems; a large gem fell off my shoe but I used in one of my pages
  • Ribbons used to tie up different products, some was used on a bundle of fabrics I bought, it went straight into my stash

Hope these are useful to every scrapper out there

No comments: