Sunday, March 21, 2010

Monochromatic Scrapbooking

Ever since I saw this one on Gail’s blog I wanted to do one myself. The backing piece is American Crafts and the photo is matted in the same card, the photo has been distressed. Also used is a large paper doily underneath the photo. I have used Bella! butterflies and put them through the pasta machine with a dotty embossing folder, it looks quite impressive even though the photos don’t show much of it. Two Bazzil glittered paper strips used under the photo. On the right side I’ve gathered a piece of ribbon with a small piece of another paper strip. On top is a chain with two brads. Across the page is a small white satin ribbon tied into a bow and across the gathered ribbon, it also has a heart buckle through it. Under part of that is a piece of pom pom ribbon. To the left is a date, I have used Pink Paislee letters, Bella Blvd and Thickers. On the right top is the title, I have used two different types of Thickers and a Bella Blvd sticker. Another butterfly is at the top it has small Bella! brads in the centre, a line of other Bella! brads is next to the butterflies on the left hand side. A strip of Kaiser white pearls added to the top of the photo. I have then soaked the whole page in Glimmermist!!! I love making the page more sparkly.


















Heres some close ups,








































It was quite hard sticking to one colour I kept wanting to add more colours like orange and pink and more stuff, but my stash is lacking some white things and some different shades looked more yellow, so didn’t go there

No comments: