Friday, February 5, 2010

AAR

I’ve had this photo for a while; it’s an 8x10 and doesn’t give you much room to put stuff on your page. But I came up with an idea for it. The photo is double matted first in Kraft and then in bright green Bazzil, both distressed. Journalling is done in the same green, I have typed it out and cut it into strips, there were so many of them! But it told the story of the photo and how I got it, each one inked in light brown. In the bottom corner I have used Kaiser wooden letters, covered in green paper and pained over the top in brown. One circle covered in music paper and the other circle shape a scrap piece all inked in brown. A metal frame also used two flowers and two buttons on top of each other. Two green brads used and a gem button. I used a piece of film from my sister is under this, a piece of brown ribbon gathered and a green tied piece of ribbon over the top of that, a separate piece of green ribbon tied next to the original knot. A piece of string is around the whole page three times and tied into a bow. At the top of the page is a green My Minds Eye die-cut, a Christmas one from a few years ago. A green piece of ribbon tied and stapled and the All American Rejects logo printed from the computer onto Kraft, also stapled on. To finish it off I distressed the photo and scratched the edge with sandpaper. Back piece is Bazzil Swissdot cardstock.
Close Ups;

No comments: